A better understanding of the underlying processes can stimulate breeding as well as knowledge about plant health.
You can call on our expertise related to these and other themes:
- Molecular biological research
- Variety identification using molecular marker techniques
- Marker support for use in breeding
- Marker development for detection of pests and diseases
- Flow cytometry
- In vitro breeding techniques such as protoplast fusion and Crispr/Cas
- Proteomics, biochemistry and computational biology
- Genomics and transcriptomics
- Bio-informatics pipelines
We meet your needs with the modern infrastructure at our disposal:
- Molecular and in vitro labs with the up-to-date equipment
- Labs with biosecurity levels L2 and L2-Q
- A horizontal Genomics Platform for the study of genes and genomes
- Experimental greenhouses equipped for trials with GMOs
- Gene databank for plants
- Plants and plant products, soil and water in which suspected plant-pathogenic organisms is suspected, including bacteria, fungi, viruses, nematodes, insects and mites, can be brought in directly for analysis in our ISO 17025 accredited Diagnostic Centre for Plants.
- For ploidy measurements, ILVO has an analysis platform for flow cytometry. We have experience in ploidy determination in a wide variety of plant species.
Partnering with us
Do you have a question, an idea or interest in working with the Plant & Soil Living Lab? Contact us right away. We guarantee the confidentiality of all your questions.